Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Kiss me I'm Irish!


Well, not really...but I am Catholic and that counts, right?

Sunday Jeff and I went to the Metairie Road St. Patty's Day parade.  It was our first St. Patty's Day that we celebrated in New Orleans, and I have to say we did not play this one well.  We should have known better being Nola/parade veterans by now to know that it would take its sweet ole time getting to us.

We waited around for two and a half hours before the parade made it to our little spot on Metairie Road.  We wasted time by getting some cheeseburgers from Lee's which were surprisingly good and wonderfully greasy to go along with our solo cups of white wine (classy):




There were probably hundreds of these guys in green and white suits walking the parade routes.  They would pick out girls to give these fake green and white roses to and make you kiss them on the cheek in exchange.  It was quite hot out and my germaphobia was out in full force when I saw these guys coming.  Kissing the cheeks of sweaty old men does not equal my idea of a good time:


The crowd:

                          

A float/fire truck?:




Cool old timey car:



And I'll leave you with a picture of Misch just for kicks:



And Jeff's rank list is due in two weeks!!!  So we'll find out where we're going for Fellowship exactly one month from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?