Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Get off your butt and cook

I was doing so good last week cooking healthy meals for myself.  Full of motivation and still excited about my new "project."  I have to say though that sometimes it's just easier to have a bowl of cereal and some yogurt and call it a night.

But the eggplant and zucchini I bought last week weren't getting any fresher sitting in my fridge, so I pulled myself out of my cooking rut tonight and decided to make this Barley Ratatouille Salad I found on this Sprouted Kitchen blog recently:




It turned out pretty good!  It's the first time I've ever cooked with barley and I really liked the texture.  Plus, I'm giving myself a big pat on the back for actually enjoying the zucchini and eggplant which have historically not been my favorite veggies.

Guess I'll be eating leftovers all weekend cause I know there's no way I'll get Jeff to eat it :)


If you're interested, I'll have the recipe posted on my Recipage.


1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. Almost reminds me of a Tabouli salad, which I also love.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?