Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Am I crazy?

...or just a typical indecisive woman?

Because I just accepted a post-doc position for next year in Jackson.  Me, the person who hates research, just committed to another year of benchwork.

Remember how I said I had an interview?  Well, I went up to the medical school last Wednesday and the PI offered me the job on the spot.  I didn't post about it immediately because I needed a few days for everything to sink in and for me to give her an official answer.  I mean, I had gotten used to the idea of having a nice, relaxing year with perhaps a part-time job at Pottery Barn!  Or something equally fun with a nice employee discount ;)

But how could I turn down such a potentially great opportunity?  She is completely aware I will only be there for 1 year and is basically handing me a surefire, publishable experiment on a silver platter.  Plus, she wants to mentor me in regards to developing my teaching skills.  She's willing to let me carve out time to get some teaching experience, maybe even at my old Alma Mater across the street...

And, drumroll please...

I wouldn't have ANY rats!  No little critters who need to be fed on weekends.  No behavioral testing to be done on holidays!  I could potentially have a normal M-F, 9-5 work schedule.

Ok science, you've sucked me in.  Grr...


2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Though Pottery Barn discounts do sound lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know I was really looking forward to an excuse to redecorate ;)

      Delete

What do you think?