Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

King Cake Update

I know everyone's mouth was watering when y'all saw my last King Cake picture....so take a look at this beauty!





That's right, RED VELVET King Cake!  How was I supposed to just walk by that in the store and not buy it?!  Not enough will power in the world.  And it tastes as good as it looks.  I had 3 pieces for dinner one night...diet schmiet.

In other news, I'm having a small panic attack where my dissertation is concerned.  I haven't pulled a late night writing session since college, but this might be the week it gets reinstated.

On the residency front, not much is new.  I'm getting antsy about starting to look for real jobs after fellowship though.  When I need a pick me up, sometimes I scroll through the Ortho job postings on various websites.  It just makes Jeff panicky for some reason.  I'm so ready for him to start interviewing!  One of his classmates has already signed a contract and is getting a nice stipend every month as a perk. I can't help but think how nice that would be!  I like to live in an alternate reality where I think we'll magically find the perfect ortho job in the same city where I'll get a college teaching position...

For people who have signed contracts, how did you go about starting the interview process?  Did you know exactly where you wanted to live?  Did you wives take into consideration the ability for you to find a satisfying job in that town, or just sign at a place that was best for your husband?







10 comments:

  1. OMG. That looks amazing. Where is it from?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also Rouses! I'm too lazy to go to one of the bakeries and order one/wait in line. The grocery is so much easier and they're really good!

      Delete
  2. That cake. I can't even...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ill be over STAT! Yum! You're only 8 hours away! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd better hurry then cause I think it might be gone by tonight ;)

      Delete
  4. It's early in the morning, but I could go for some king cake for breakfast #2. That looks so good!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's one piece left...I think I'm finally sick of it! For a couple days at least.

      Delete
  5. Yum, looks great!
    And love the questions you asked...I will so be turning to you for advice in a couple of years!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?