Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Beginnings



 The holidays are over and I feel like I drifted through them in a haze.  My family was nice enough to bring food and gifts over to our apartment on Christmas Day during the few hours I had off in the afternoon.  While much appreciated, I couldn't really enjoy it between the extreme exhaustion and the anxiety of counting down the minutes til I had to go back to work later that night.  

But between all the craziness, I did get a chance to decorate a Christmas tree this year:


The extent of our Christmas decorations


December 28th was my first full day off in months and in typical Type A fashion, instead of relaxing I spent it running errands.  Jeff had driven up to see his family for a few days in north Mississippi.  After he made the 5 hour drive back to Nola the Saturday after Christmas, we turned around about 30 minutes later and started the 7 hour trek to Atlanta.  We had decided just a couple weeks prior to go to the Chick-fil-A bowl, but got in town a couple days early to eat...



Smoked salmon eggs benedict



Brunch at Canoe

And drink:








And visit with good friends:


Dinner at Local Three

The game was on New Year's Eve and in typical LSU fashion they blew the lead in the last few minutes and lost the game.





But we still had fun!




We're back to work now but I feel like a new person.  Those few days away were exactly what I needed and now I feel ready to finish up the few things I have left to do in the lab and write my DISSERTATION!

But perhaps the best news of all?  As of tomorrow, Jeff's 6 month away rotation in Baton Rouge is done!!!



4 comments:

  1. Yeah for being done with that away rotation!!!!! Good luck finishing up your lab work. How exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to be finally living together after so much time away :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for the away rotation being DONE!

    Boo for that game. I just can't....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I love Les Miles and sometimes I think he's a complete idiot.

      Delete

What do you think?