Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Procrastination

I seem to be doing a lot of it lately.

When it comes to this blog and especially when it comes to my dissertation.  I'm supposed to have a draft ready to give to my advisor by the end of January.  Apparently I believe it will magically finish itself in the next 9 days.  NINE days!  Ugh.

I sit down to write and stare at my computer screen.  My introduction is a bunch of jumbled paragraphs that make sense on their own but don't flow together.  I get a moment of clarity that lasts all of 30 minutes.  This takes extreme brainpower and I give up for the rest of the day.  I tell myself I will get more work done tomorrow.  I don't.  Repeat.


4 comments:

  1. Sending productive thoughts your way today and for the next 9 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...get up, head to the kitchen and whip up a quick cocktail. A little vodka can do wonders for writers block ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! I wouldn't be able to concentrate with all that delicious King Cake around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I have made little progress since this post...nothing like the last minute!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?