Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here's the question...Will Jeff make it home in time for our Valentine's dinner plans??

He warned me last night that he had a long case today and might be cutting it close to make it to our 6:45 reservation tonight.  Ahh the joys of having an uncertain schedule every single day!  I'm just thankful he's not on call tonight.  I told him when he was making the schedule for this month that I didn't care if he took call on Valentine's Day, but now that it's here I'm glad he'll be available to celebrate.  Even if we don't make it to our dinner reservations and end up just cooking dinner at the house.  It's nice to have the option of doing something.  Another 5th year perk I guess.

And today marks the second day of Lent.  We both decided to give up meat, which will be a easy task for me.  Jeff, not so much.  I'm going to keep a tally of how many times he forgets...

Was anyone brave enough to give up Facebook, or dare I say, coffee?!  Those are two things I want to try giving up one year as I'm pretty addicted to both.  I should have given up Facebook this year because I'm sure it would help me concentrate on writing my dissertation.  Giving up coffee would have been disastrous!

What are you doing for Valentine's Day and do you give up anything for Lent?


1 comment:

  1. I have heard of lent:-) Although I am not Catholic the idea of giving up something for a period of time has been tempting! I hope Jeff makes it home in time for your reservations. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?