Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

I'M DONE!


Holy crap people, I have a PhD!!!  Guess we're now The Drs. Witty :)

I just successfully defended my dissertation this morning and I feel like I'm floating on air.  I thought I would feel different, but I don't think it's fully sunk in yet.  Maybe it will feel more real when we move to Jackson and I start making a bigger paycheck?

My parents came to take me out to lunch to celebrate and gave me this beautiful bracelet:




And Jeff dipped out of conference for a bit to surprise me with this new camera!!





Best Buy no interest credit cards are the best  ;)  I can't wait to learn how to use it.  Hopefully this means better pictures for the blog to come!

I'm looking forward to the first weekend in a very long time with nothing hanging over my head.  No deadlines, studying, writing, or other work to worry about.  It's going to be wonderful!





6 comments:

  1. What an incredible accomplishment!!! Have fun celebrating Dr.Witty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! So happy for you!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I'm almost done with my master's and at that point where I decided to keep going or not...somedays I'm all for it and others I'm more "eh" lol. Bask in your accomplishment and enjoy your fun new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, Dr.! :) What a big weight off your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!!! Wonderful news and beautiful presents:-)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?