Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

NEW YORK CITY, PT. 2

By the time we started to walk across the Brooklyn bridge back to Manhattan I was dying.  Not really, but I mean, how much do these New Yorkers seriously walk every day?  Come to think of it, this is probably why I didn't see one overweight person the entire time.











I even got a glimpse of the new Freedom tower.  Jeff wants to go to NYC with me to see it up close when it's complete since he's pretty much obsessed with anything patriotic.






The next day was my birthday (27?!) and we went to walk along the Highline (more walking) which is an old railroad line that has been turned into a park.  It was pretty, but I guess I was expecting some better views based on all the hype.



Diane von Furstenburg headquarters












Art installation on the side of a building






Railroad tracks turned into a garden



Mural in progress


After another long morning, I needed a nap.  But the pull of Levain Bakery was enough motivation to get me up and out the door again.  I had been hearing about their famous cookies, and I had to have one...duh.  It was my birthday, after all, so totally ok.



Line out the door for Levain


Crunchy on the outside and melty on the inside!  How do they do it?!



Chocolate chocolate chip cookie, the size of my hand.


We took our cookies to enjoy them at Central Park.  It was a beautiful day!






Central Park fountain










I had a great time visiting with Brittany and doing some sightseeing (and let's get real, eating).  But I'm SO glad to be back in New Orleans, back to a semi-normal life!  I did miss Jeff just a little ;)

I'm still playing stay at home wife right now, and I have to say, it's not a bad gig!  Our apartment is clean and I'm enjoying having the time to cook meals.  I've caught up on errands and have time do go to the gym in the middle of the day before I get too tired.  I'm giving myself a couple more days to catch up on everything that fell by the wayside when I was finishing up my dissertation before I start preparing for the class I'll be teaching this summer.  And oh yea, we still haven't planned a vacation for July.  I should probably get on that.  Lots of exciting things to come!



  

2 comments:

  1. When you walk that much cookies are necessary! Sorry, I always go to the food - I love food:-)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?