Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Temporary stay at home wife life

Talk about highs and lows.  I just spent the past couple of months in a rush to prepare for the biggest educational moment of my life- finishing and defending my PhD.  Now I'm done and have a month and a half to relax, prepare for the class I'm teaching this summer, and pretend I'm a fancy Dr's wife minus the expensive clothes and champagne (sarcasm.  don't get me started on Bravo's new show).


Life as a newly minted PhD looks like this:


Outlet mall shopping with mom and mother-in-law to shop and see Chef Curtis Stone.




And eat yummy food truck fare.






And bake.



And cook breakfast for visiting family.



(ohmygod Bouchon bakery cinnamon pecan waffle mix is AMAZING.  I got it from Williams Sonoma and now they don't sell it anymore and I have to find it somewhere!  I'm going to New York this weekend and may stock up at their brick and mortar store.)

And make a real meal for Jeff.


Skirt steak stuffed with spinach and feta served with mashed parmesan cauliflower.


Ok, so a lot of these activities involve food.  I think I'll add going to the gym to the list of temporary stay at home wife activities...

13 comments:

  1. What a fun day!! Enjoy your time off. You may need to share that recipe for steak and mashed cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I sort of just made it up- cut a pocket into the skirt steak and stuffed with spinach and feta, closed up with toothpicks and baked (coat w/ olive oil, S&P). For the cauliflower- boil til soft (~10 min) then put in food processor with skim milk, parmesan, garlic powder, butter, S&P to taste!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being done!! Happy for you. Done with PhD and Residency all in the same year - what an exciting year! Enjoy your time off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, things are changing so fast!

      Delete
    2. Where are you staying in NYC! What are your plans?? Do you need recos for anything?

      Delete
    3. My bff lives in New York! On the UWS, so staying at her apartment. Just planning on shopping/going out to eat every chance we get! If you're interested in meeting up for a drink, let me know!

      Delete
    4. Have so much fun! Hopefully it stays on the warmer side for your visit. I will be in Philly for the day/night Sat visiting a friend so I will probably miss you. I love the UWS - its so nice up there. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that food looks so good. I only wish this stay at home mom cooked like that! Enjoy your down time:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Difference is- I don't have kids! Don't think this would happen very often if I did ;)

      Delete
  5. Mouth watering food! Looks like staying at home for a while definitely suits you. Enjoy it for the rest of us, and more food pics please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe Tanger has food trucks! I'm so impressed... for so long Chili's was the only food option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just for the grand opening of another section of the mall. But it has gotten so much better!

      Delete

What do you think?