Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

This week


  • I just want to say that everyone who commented on my last post earlier this week is awesome.  I'm glad to hear other people get annoyed when asked about babymaking.
  • I've barely seen Jeff.  He's back at the main University/Charity hospital now through the end of residency which = trauma call.  There seems to be more shootings in Nola when the weather gets warmer, so yay for that.
  • I had high hopes of getting at least 2 lectures done for the class I'm teaching this summer.  I just finished ONE today.  So I'm realizing this is going to take a bit longer than expected.  But I also finished my syllabus, so that counts for something, right?
  • I had even higher hopes of having a spotless apartment since I have SO much free time now, but I can't seem to find it in me to get motivated.  I did swiffer mop all of our floors today though so I'm going to give myself a little pat on the back for that one.  Also- EW- the floors in our bedroom were disgusting since the only places I regularly clean are the rooms people see when they come over.  Does anyone else do that?
  • I'm forcing Jeff to take me out to dinner tonight even though I know he's probably super tired and we have about a bajillion dollars in credit card debt from paying for his board review course.  No job = I'm going stir crazy sitting inside all day!
  • Jeff is off all weekend.  I'm off (obviously).  It's a miracle!
  • And THIS video:

Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Totally guilty of only cleaning the floors people see. We have cork floors throughout our apartment and have put area rugs in our living room and dining room... so typically I only vacuum the rugs. It can be bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I only clean rooms people might see. Don't even think about coming into my bedroom when I am expecting company... that is where I store all the junk! And more time doesn't mean you will get more done. Trust me I have tried it. I get more accomplished when I have a lot to do and deadlines to met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I can spell... that should be "meet" not met!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hopped over to your blog and I already have a kid, but for some reason, when your kid hits two EVERYONE asks when #2 is coming. Good LAWD people.. I feel like I just had Drew and you're already asking?! Ugh.. don't worry about nosey nosersons. :) Oh and that sloth just made me smile. SO adorable.

    Three more days left in the May giveaway; A new blog design! Our Journey

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?