Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

The job search continues

I'm finally sitting down to update everyone on how our first interview for a REAL job went last weekend.  I hope you all weren't holding your breath for a great report!  Unfortunately, I don't think Job #1 is the place for us.  Everyone was extremely kind and they actually offered Jeff a very generous contract on the spot, but it just didn't feel right for us.  Here are some reasons why:


- the hospital is trying to build an orthopaedic surgery department and it seems like they have a steep hill to climb (this isn't something I want Jeff to be burdened with his 1st year out of fellowship!)

- they only have 1 other Ortho guy on staff right now and he is much older (and a little...different...from the types of personalities Jeff is used to working with)

- the nearest college I could teach at is a 45 min drive down the interstate, which would get quite old doing that twice a day

- the town is TINY (we could live in a nearby cuter town but that would put me even farther away from the college)

Yes, it's close to the beach, but I'm just not sure that's enough to make up for all the other things that are bad about it.  So, the job hunt continues.  I'm just glad Jeff got to "practice" and will hopefully be more relaxed and confident for future interviews.  

But first, we'll be celebrating my graduation this weekend!  It will be a whirlwind couple of days with family in town and multiple ceremonies to attend.  I hope everyone else has a great weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Practice makes perfect. You will know it when you see it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you know for sure job #1 isn't the one. Its better to know than being on the fence about it. Hope you had a great weekend of graduation festivities :) Such an exciting time for you and Jeff and your families!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?