Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

School's out for-eva!

Apparently I have this little thing called a blog, and I'm supposed to update it with recent goings on in the Witty household...but that hasn't been happening lately.  But that doesn't mean that exciting things haven't been happening!  It just means I've been a lazy blogger...oops.

The biggest thing that's happened since I last posted is that I graduated!  I had lots of great family in town to help me celebrate-  my Uncle Mike and Aunt Marianne drove in from San Antonio, and Jeff's family came down from Mississippi.  And of course Jeff and my parents!

We started the graduation weekend with an early hooding ceremony on Friday for graduate students.



Being hooded


My mentor!



With my boss and my family


With Jeff's family


Boys being boys


The Drs. Witty ;)


Then Saturday morning was another early morning ceremony, but this time included all graduating students at Tulane.  This big unified commencement ceremony was held in the Superdome, which was pretty cool.  Making it even better, the Dalai Lama gave the commencement speech!




And we followed that up with lunch at what most people consider the best restaurant in New Orleans- Commander's Palace!










If that wasn't enough celebrating for one weekend, everyone got together for crawfish and other yummy things at my mom's house on Sunday!



Boys enjoying some crawfish




Mom cutting the cake with help from some cousins and Dad waiting for a piece ;)


"T" is for Tulane!


Delicious Italian Wedding Cake


 It was a great weekend!  I think I sort of just shut down after everything was over, thus my hiatus from blogging for a few weeks.  A week after graduation, I started teaching my very first college class at Tulane (summer school) which has kept me busier than I ever expected, another reason I haven't been blogging as much.  I'm starting to get used to my new schedule though and looking forward to sharing all of the fun things we have coming up this month- like Jeff graduating residency!  I can't believe that day is almost here :)




3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Looks like you had a great time celebrating! Such a huge accomplishment, you should be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on graduating!! Commanders palace is one of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?