Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Update

Another Monday, another week.  Jeff came up to Jackson for the weekend (remember he's currently rotating in Nola right now) and I was sad to see him leave yesterday evening to head back.  Originally, I was planning on going down there to get my Nola fix, but one of the attending's at his fellowship hosted a welcome get together on Sunday for the new fellows here in Jackson, so he came up here instead.  So a Jackson weekend it was.  Yippee!

We had a pretty good weekend though, so it almost distracted me from missing home.  Saturday night we had a fun dinner with some friends and then checked out a place downtown for drinks and live blues/jazz music.








Photo
Super grainy picture compliments of 2 glasses of wine
Then on Sunday, after spending all day nursing a 3 drink hangover (getting old sucks), we went to the aforementioned fellowship welcome get together.  The attending's house was ah-mazing and backed up to a dreamy pond (complete with canoes).  It was seriously something you would see on Pinterest.  The living room was full of exposed brick and wooden beams.  I would have taken pictures if I could have gotten away with no one seeing me be a creeper.  Aside from getting dream house inspiration, I got to meet the other docs, trainers, and staff that Jeff works with on a daily basis, so that was cool.

Fast forward to today- I'm FINALLY starting some bench work in the lab after 2 weeks of reading papers and shadowing other people.  Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.  I'm just glad to not be so bored out of my mind.  Here's to hoping this week flies by!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing weekend! Best of luck on your lab work.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?