Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

It's really surprising that I don't have six cats


Research?  Not exactly my favorite.  Rescuing homeless cats?  You'd better believe my heart turns to mush whenever I see a stray cat in need of a home.  Throw in the threat of freezing weather and I don't stand a chance.  I would work at an animal shelter if I didn't find it so depressing.  So when a sweet little grey kitty started showing up around our apartment complex crying for food, I knew I was in trouble.

She was not quite a kitten anymore but not fully grown either, and obviously used to being around people.  It took all of 2 minutes for her to climb up in my lap and I decided I had to rescue her.  If our cat Mischa wasn't so terretorial, I would have convinced Jeff that she would be the perfect addition to our home.  However, images of cat fights and Mischa peeing on the carpet in retaliation swam through my head.  I decided to call up my mom and plead my case that she should adopt her.  Luckily, I got my soft spot in my heart for stray cats from her.  It didn't take much convincing.  We decided to name her Gracie.






At the vet getting all her shots



Snuggling with my cousins at my mom's house



Reflecting on her past life outdoors





 Resting easy in my mom's bed
  


Rescue animals really do make the best pets!



6 comments:

  1. She's SO cute and for a stray I'm really surprised how friendly she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO adorable! We have a couple of loveable strays around our neighborhood. We don't feed them but they keep coming back for a quick rubdown :). For all I know they are someone's pets...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I didn't sneeze when cats were around I might have one too! The stray knew how to pick a person:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute kitty!

    oh my gosh, so glad to have found your blog. i'm also a cat lady and researcher (possibly going for my phd...we shall see.) and my boyfriend is a medical resident. just added you on blogroll. can't wait to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. er, that was supposed to say bloglovin', not blogroll. anyway...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Glad to have you follow along :)

      Delete

What do you think?