Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Medical Mondays- October Edition


 
 
Happy Fall Y'all!  That's what we say in the South when it gets anywhere below 80 degrees.  I was able to walk from my car to my lab without sweating this morning so it's pretty much an epic day for me already.  And in other news- Happy Medical Mondays!  I haven't linked up in awhile, so to anyone who's new to my blog, here's the rundown: 
 
I finished my PhD in Neuroscience this past May and am now a PostDoc doing research full-time (kill me now).  I've begrudgingly been on this research track for going on 6 years now with the hopes of being a college professor after this year (spring break and Christmas holidays off?  Sign me up!).  But the real reason I link up with Medical Mondays is because my dear husband is an Orthopaedic Surgery fellow.  After being with him through the last 2 years of medical school and all 5 years of Ortho residency, we are finally nearing the end of training!  After this 1 year Sports Medicine fellowship, we'll be moving (somewhere) for his first "real" job.  I blog about struggling with my career decisions, the ups and downs of the medical training process, and random fun things we do on the rare occasion we have a social life.
 
Now that you're caught up, here's what's going on in our lives right this very moment.  This weekend, we'll be going back down for a 2nd interview at potential real job location #2 (!!!).  You can read more about that here.  I didn't go with him on the first interview there because I wanted to make sure he liked the people enough to seriously consider it before I took days off work.  It obviously passed the first test, so now I'm going back with him for a second look.  We're really excited about this one, but don't want to get our hopes up too much before a few more details are worked out.  I'm mainly worried about Jeff having to cover high school and college football games every single weekend during football season for the rest of our lives, so I'm interested to see what sort of schedule they can work out for him.  There's even a college nearby, so I could potentially find a teaching job there.  Everyone keep your fingers crossed for us!  I can't wait to update everyone next week :)
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on second interviews - very exciting and my fingers are crossed for you! Thanks for linking up with Medical Monday's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting ready for "next steps" is always so exciting!! Good luck with the interview next week!

    Popping in from Medical Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy those interviews, from what my friends tell me, some of those hospitals really work hard to court the significant others! I'm visiting from MM and wanted to say hi!
    Much love!
    Heather
    thelife-unexpected.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from medical Mondays! My husband is PGY-3 opthalmolgy resident - so ready to get to the point of interviewing for real jobs, though I bet when we get there post fellowship I'll be a nervous wife :) good luck!,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news!! I can't wait to hear about it after you get back. Fall is just below 80 degrees?! Sign me up!! Ugh I am not looking forward to the NYC winter. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like an awesome potential job with awesome pro's for you too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck!! It's always so great to be close to family! I hope it works out for you! Also, great to see you back on the Medical Monday grid! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from Medical Monday! Yay for the "real" job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by! Hope his interview goes well. When I got my Kitchenaid I didn't really think I would use it much, but it is so much better than using a wooden spoon for cookie dough alone, and is completely worth its weight in gold now that I bake breads! Most used item in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?