Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Pins and Needles and Pumpkins

Ok friends, it's Friday!  A full work week after the place we want to go for our first "real job" said they would be drawing up a contract to email to us.  I keep pestering Jeff at least twice a day to check his inbox, but there are just crickets.  I'm crossing my fingers for some news by the end of the day because I don't think I can remain sane over the weekend not knowing! 

In other news, it is officially cold here in Jackson. (Highs in the low 70's, I'll take what I can get.  Don't burst my bubble.)  I am wearing long sleeves today, people.  It's a big deal.  Since it finally feels like Fall, I've decided we're going pumpkin shopping on Saturday and I'm pretty excited about it.  I would love to do something crafty with them like this:


Funky Ombre Pumpkins
Source

Or this:


sharpie pumpkins square
Source



Or this:


Source
 

 
And I so wish I had a reason to make these ridiculously adorable placecard holders:




Source


But it seems like every year we end up buying a pumpkin and it sits there uncarved and undecorated and we say, well at least we got around to getting one.  That counts for something, right?  Maybe I will get around to actually decorating one this weekend just to keep my mind off the contract.  Anyone out there in attending-hood, how long do these things normally take?








3 comments:

  1. Love the white pumpkins with writing - I'd love to have one that says "Something wicked this way comes"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white pumpkins with writing too. The have great fake pumpkins at the craft stores. I do have to pat myself on the back... at the grocery store the other day my girls wanted two small pumpkins so I bought them and then realized they were pie pumpkins. I made a pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin! It was tasty:-)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?