Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Nola Weekend During an Away Rotation

Jeff is in the middle of his second New Orleans rotation for fellowship, so I drove down this past weekend to stuff my face visit him.  I was really craving our old neighborhood sushi place, Kyoto, so we went there Friday night for Valentine's Day.  After gorging ourselves on sushi, we decided maybe we would just get a pint of ice cream from Creole Creamery to-go to eat sometime that weekend.  But once we walked in we realized how silly that was.  I mean, you're never too full for ice cream!  As my Dad always says, it just fills in the cracks.  Their red velvet flavor is the stuff of dreams.


The best ice cream EVER!  No really. 

As if that wasn't enough saturated fat for the weekend, I had my sights set on some beignets.  I had been trying to convince Jeff for the past week that this would be a good idea, but I just couldn't get him on board.  You see, I have a sweet tooth and he has something called self-restraint.  So while he was gone on Saturday on a fishing trip, I took the opportunity to rope my mom into splitting an order with me.


How can something so delicious be so wrong?
 

 
We rounded out the weekend by taking Jeff's Dad and brother to a much hyped burger place Uptown called Company Burger, followed by some Pinkberry (duh).  I think the guys liked their burgers because they ended up ordering another one to split.  Oh, and I can't forget breakfast at Surrey's on Sunday morning.  Thanks to their Costa Rican breakfast (brown rice, black beans, scrambled eggs, pico, avocado, plaintain chips, and cheese! all piled in a bowl) that place is quickly climbing to my top breakfast spot in the city.  All in all, it was a delicious, gluttonous weekend (as all New Orleans weekends should be).  To top it off, the weather was downright glorious!  More weekends like this, please.  
 
 
Pelicans on the dock


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?