Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

On being a real grownup

The contract has been signed, sealed, and delivered!  We're officially moving back to Louisiana this August and we couldn't be more excited.  Four years of med school, five years of residency, and one year of fellowship are almost complete and Jeff will be starting his first "real job."  It's all very grown up if I do say so myself.

Source


Speaking of grown up things, we're going house hunting this weekend in our new city.  We don't know the neighborhoods that well, so I'm a little overwhelmed at the thought of finding THE house.  And before anyone says to just rent for a year and get to know the town, let me just say I am DONE renting.  I'm ready to really unpack, you know, all the boxes of "things" that we have just been storing in closets because it's not worth the effort to hang pictures or utilize fancy wedding gifts.  The only way we will be renting yet again is if we don't find anything that meets our somewhat picky list in time to move in August.  That is probably my worst nightmare!  So with that being said, our poor realtor is going to be showing us about 20 houses this Saturday.  Fingers crossed that one's a winner!



4 comments:

  1. Crossing fingers! I hope your house hunt is successful:-) And it's only a house you can always get another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post :)
    The training journey is official coming to a close in a few months and you must be so excited. And girl I am totally with ya on the renting front. I can't wait to settle in a house after this is all over! Happy house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an exciting time for you both. I'm dreaming about the day when we'll finally be in your shoes. :-) Good luck with the house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the contract, and good luck finding a house!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?