Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

First comes love, then comes marriage...

...then comes the baby in the baby carriage!


 


I'm excited to finally share the big news on the blog!  Jeff and I are over the moon for this baby already!  These are the announcements we sent out to our extended families.  I'm 14 weeks on Wednesday, and baby's official due date is September 17th.  Jeff's start date for his new job is August 18th, so it will be one heck of a Fall for us.
 
We told our families back in January because we didn't want to wait!  One weekend we went up to see Jeff's family and brought them a King Cake because it was the start of Mardi Gras season.  As everyone began eating their piece, they quickly discovered that every single piece had a baby inside.  Usually, there is only one baby hidden inside a King Cake and the person who gets that piece has to buy the next cake.  Everyone was so confused until we handed Jeff's grandmother a card with an ultrasound picture inside!
 
The following weekend, we went down to Louisiana to surprise my parents.  I had these special wine labels made off Etsy for the announcement.  We told them we found this great wine we wanted to try and waited for them to read the labels.  It was a lot of fun!  They say,
 
"Drink this for me
I'll join you soon
Baby Witty coming
September 2014"
 

 


 
We will be doing a gender reveal in Louisiana next weekend.  Can't wait to find out whether the little one is a boy or a girl!
 

7 comments:

  1. YAHH!! You are due just 10 days after me. Welcome to the second trimester!! So excited for you two. Looking forward to hearing all the stories as we enter parenthood together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! What an exciting time for you guys on all fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you- great news! So many of my blog friends are pregnant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh! congratulations!!! I love the king cake idea -- adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I love your announcement photograph - so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I see you have some big news!! I am SO happy for you and love the way you told your families, especially with the multiple babies in the king cake!! That is too cute! Can't wait to hear the news of the gender reveal!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?